A SSAS pension puts you in full control of your money
Funding for your business or property portfolio
Zero tax of any kind on profits, gains or income
You decide what, when and how to invest
What is a SSAS?
The SSAS, also known as the Business Owner’s or Director’s Pension, isn’t your normal type of pension. SSAS stands for Small Self-Administered Scheme. Based on a Trust Deed, each SSAS needs to be approved by HMRC.
Exclusive to business owners, it’s an occupational pension which means there must be a company to ‘sponsor’ the scheme from the outset, most likely a company that you are a director of and possibly a shareholder. Because your pension is linked to your business and not someone else’s, you retain the control. You decide what, when and how to invest and build your wealth.
SSAS for Property Investors
- Borrow up to 50% of your SSAS for use in your business
- Buy and develop property and land
- Buy commercial property and convert it to residential
- Invest in stocks, gold or crypto at 25% discount
- Lend money to other property professionals
SSAS for Business Owners
- Protect hard earned profits from corporation tax
- Contribute up to £500k/annum and get tax relief immediately
- Buy your business premises
- Lend money to your company at only 1% over base rate p/a
- Invest in your own company shares
SSAS for a Family Legacy
- Create independent wealth and security for your family
- Involve your spouse and children as trustees
- Unlimited contributions for each family member aged 18+
- A family trust fund free of inheritance tax
- Ring fenced from the business for added security
How does a SSAS work?
The SSAS pension is a tax-exempt investment trust fund that can receive income and capital without income, capital gains or corporation tax charges.
You can have up to 11 members, including yourself. Each member will be a trustee, and decision-making will be unanimous; however, each member’s investment levels may differ.
You will also have the opportunity to consolidate any other dormant, frozen or current pensions, which can then be invested in your company, property or other asset classes. Family members may also pool their dormant or current pensions if desired to increase the potential of the SSAS. You will need to set up and gain approval for your SSAS with HMRC. This process requires an investment of time and money, BUT the long-term benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Once approved, you can begin to use the SSAS to invest and generate wealth.
Depending on your preferences and goals, you can take advantage of a wide range of investment opportunities. The main thing is that you are in control of generating your own wealth.
We always recommend you take independent tax, legal or financial advice before making decisions about your money.
Why doesn’t every business owner have a SSAS?
That’s a good question. It’s the best-kept secret in pensions, but we are keen to share these exciting opportunities with business owners ready to start the journey to financial independence.
The most common reasons for business owners not establishing a SSAS:
- They don’t know what a SSAS is or even that they exist.
- The language is complex and can be difficult to understand without guidance.
- It sounds complicated, involving tax, HMRC, plus you have responsibility for the investments and outcomes.
- Business owners are too busy working in their business and don’t have time to navigate the world of pensions.
Can anyone have a SSAS pension?
Why choose WealthBuilders?
Unlike many financial specialists, we don’t want to take control of your money. In fact, quite the contrary. We want to show you how to do it for yourself.
We’re here to empower you, helping you gain the knowledge and confidence to make the right decisions at the right time.
We've helped thousands of people to unlock the power of their pensions using SSAS. Schedule a call with us below to find out if we can help you too.